Are you a professional who likes solving problems? Do you feel underappreciated for your efforts? Do you feel that the multiple layers of management above you are holding you back? Do you believe that your suggestions and ideas are overlooked? Do you wonder if leadership even knows what you do for them?
If these questions resonate with you, then I would encourage you to look at our firm. Rossmann, MacDonald & Benetti is where a smaller accounting firm can let you shine.
As a Senior Tax Consultant, you will be a valuable resource to our firm and our clients by providing and assisting with a variety of tax services that are relevant for individuals and small businesses. Our clients need help and you are the one to help them. Clients and colleagues will appreciate your efforts which will include tax compliance, tax planning, tax controversy resolution, and tax research.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing individual, partnership, and corporate income tax returns and all related work papers
- Income tax planning
- Coordination with clients for compliance data gathering
- Researching tax legislation to assist in understanding the impact on compliance and consulting
- Assisting with various tax consulting projects including research projects related to federal tax planning and controversy resolution
In this position, you should demonstrate:
- Significant individual, trust, partnership, not-for-profit, and corporate preparations
- An ability to simultaneously manage multiple engagements
- An ability to monitor workloads and deliver work products in a timely manner
- Strong common sense and decision making skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- Excellent computer and technology-based skills
Minimum qualification requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- 3+ years' experience in federal and state income tax preparation for individuals, corporations, and partnerships
- 3+ years’ experience in public accounting
- CPA or EA
The ideal candidate should also be proficient or possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Currently licensed Certified Public Accountant possessing attest level certificate
- Experience working in a virtual environment
- Passion for leveraging technology and exploring new technology solutions
- Estate and gift tax preparation and theory
- Compilation and review of financial statement preparation engagements
- Research skills on complex topics
Since 1956, Rossmann, MacDonald & Benetti has been a Sacramento based CPA firm that provides accounting, tax, and consulting expertise to our clients. Our client base consists of closely held businesses and high net worth individuals and provides services to a broad spectrum of various industries.
We provide the following benefits for our employees:
- 401k profit sharing plan with generous match
- Long term disability insurance
- Cafeteria plan with flexible spending account
- Generous paid time off plan
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Continuing education
- Free parking
- Flexible work schedule
- Work from home potential
- Potential for incentive pay
A reasonable estimate of the current range for this position is $90,000 to $120,000. It is not typical for a candidate to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the capabilities and experience of the candidate.
You may also become eligible to receive discretionary annual incentives. Incentives, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and firm performance.
This position currently requires in office work efforts with some remote capabilities. However, we are planning on transitioning to a fully remote capable virtual office to allow employees the flexibility to work remotely.